From the Principal's Desk: update on the school schedule
Post date: Jan 31, 2020 3:47:1 PM
The school council and board members of Bohua Chinese School have watched closely the developing situation of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). As of Jan 30, 2020, there are no confirmed cases in Colorado. After many rounds of discussions and taking multiple factors (e.g., people traveling back from China, teachers' input, parents' concerns, etc.) into consideration, the school council decided to cancel all school activities on this Sunday (Feb 2), and resume regular school operations starting on Feb 9, unless CDC, the state, city, or the school district issues new guidelines next week.
Below is the tentative updated school schedule for the coming weeks:
1. Feb 2, no classes.
2. Feb 9, regular school schedule will resume, including both Chinese and EC classes. School will provide sanitizer onsite, and we don’t recommend students take snacks at school.
3. Feb 16, make-up day, both Chinese and EC classes will be held.
There are a few more things the council would like to emphasize:
1. For those families having members coming back from China recently (particularly from the Wuhan area), please make sure to let the travelers stay home for two weeks, with minimal exposure to public areas. If needed, please consult with professional medical personnel for advice and/or help.
2. Please emphasize to your children (all family members) the importance of washing their hands and covering their mouths when they sneeze.
3. We don’t recommend sending children who are sick to school, particularly during the flu season.
4. You can find more information and updates about the coronavirus at the following website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html
Thank you all for your great patience and understanding! Take care.
Wei Zhang / 张伟
On behalf of BOHUA executive committee